School/Center Improvement Programs and Resources
- Zywave, free access for ELEA members - a $900 per year value – state-specific guidance, training, and policies for all Human Resource-related topics. Policy handbook builder, customizable to your state and local laws.
- Centers of Wellness Program for schools and early childhood centers
- "Ministry of the Congregation" Recognition Program
- Accrediting Agencies often used by ELCA Schools and Centers - Summary found HERE.
- Embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion as fundamental values: practice pointers, questions to consider, and resources will offer inspiration and guidance.
- What's Working? What's Not? - an article on the characteristics of successful ELCA schools and early childhood centers.
- Early Childhood Center Board Manual
- Board Manual Appendix
- Compensation Guidelines
- "Who Will Teach Me Chapel?"
- The Pastor and the Lutheran School
- Safe Havens - A Step-by-Step Guide
- Faith, Sexism, and Justice: A Call to Action - The ELCA has developed a study guide featuring six flexible lessons which incorporate prayers, videos, engaging activities, Scripture study and invitations to live out the call to gender justice in the world.
School Management Systems
- SMART Tuition - 10 – 25% discount for ELEA Members
- ProCare - 5% discount for ELEA Members
- Kangarootime - childcare management software
- Smartcare - childcare management software
- Beehively and Techabee : Two great opportunities from one company. Techabee partners with schools to ensure that your technology programs are sustainable and designed to grow with your school. Beehively is your home for cutting-edge websites, SIS, and communication tools for your school. Contact Ryan Waddington, email@example.com
- Brightwheel: Brightwheel now offers an incredible discount on new Brightwheel subscriptions based on ELEA membership. (Pricing not to go below $50/month after all discounts and promotions)
- ELEA Members to receive 25% discount on regular pricing (schedule a meeting)
- Non-member ELCA Schools and Centers can receive 15% discount on regular pricing
- ELEA Members who are existing Brightwheel customers are eligible to participate in the Advocacy Program potentially offering free months of service.
- Zing! - Custom communication app for your school. One-stop-shop for Parents. 30% Discount for ELEA members. Book Strategy Call.
- Educa : Use learning stories to make learning visible. For Early Childhood Centers.
- ClassDojo - Communication and behavior management app for Teachers, Parents & Students.
- Remind - Communication app for Teachers, Parents & Students.
Websites & Marketing
- Zing! - Attract more parents and grow your enrollment with a website that gets results! 30% Discount for ELEA Members. Book Strategy Call.
- Wix - Wix offers an excellent drag-and-drop site builder to create small websites. There are 100s of free templates available.
- SquareSpace - Squarespace is the all-in-one solution for anyone looking to create a beautiful website.
Remote Learning Tools
- SeeSaw - Student-driven digital portfolios and simple parent communication.
- Google Classroom - Google Classroom makes teaching more productive and meaningful by streamlining assignments, boosting collaboration, and fostering communication.
Educational and Testing Resources
- Exchange : The Early Childhood Leaders Magazine. FREE magazine ($38 per year value) plus great discounts on staff development materials.
- MAP Suite - An integrated assessment solution: The assessments in the MAP Suite give you a thorough picture of student learning: how much they’ve grown, what they’re ready to learn, and the specific skill gaps they need to master.