School/Center Improvement Programs and Resources
- ELCA Lutheran Identity: A brochure for parents, staff, and school leaders to familiarize themselves with our unique identity (PDF).
- "Ministry of the Congregation" Recognition Program
- Church and School: Together in Ministry, A self-study guide for congregations and educational centers operating TOGETHER IN MINISTRY to transform lives and change communities for the good. PDF brochure is available.
- ELEA Chapel Resource - Preview this valuable tool for educators and leaders within the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), aiming to enrich chapel experiences and support the holistic faith formation of students and caregivers in our schools and learning centers.
- Pastoring Lutheran Schools and Learning Centers - A newly revised guide for Pastor's new to congregations with school or center ministries or those wanting a refresher on better practices for this vital ministry.
- Centers of Wellness Program for schools and early childhood centers
- ELEA Education Conference Guide - host a conference or event in your area with support and guidance from the ELEA.
- Zywave, free access for ELEA members - a $900 per year value – state-specific guidance, training, and policies for all Human Resource-related topics. Policy handbook builder, customizable to your state and local laws.
- Accrediting Agencies often used by ELCA Schools and Centers - Summary found HERE.
- Embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion as fundamental values: practice pointers, questions to consider, and resources will offer inspiration and guidance.
- Faith, Sexism, and Justice: A Call to Action - The ELCA has developed a study guide featuring six flexible lessons which incorporate prayers, videos, engaging activities, Scripture study and invitations to live out the call to gender justice in the world.
- Anti-Harassment, Right to Be
- What's Working? What's Not? - an article on the characteristics of successful ELCA schools and early childhood centers.
- Early Childhood Center Board Manual
- Board Manual Appendix
- Compensation Guidelines
- National Database of Childcare Prices | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)
- Examining the Role of Faith-Based Child Care. an early childhood initiative from the Bipartisan Policy Center.
- 2022 Niche Survey of Parents Searching for Preschools
School/Church Safety and Security
- Joffe Emergency Services: YOUR PARTNERS IN SAFETY
- Protecting Places of Worship: Six Steps to Enhance Security Against Targeted Violence
- Clergy as Mandatory Reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect
- DE-MD Synod Model Child Protection Policy
- Safe Havens - A Step-by-Step Guide
- Helping Children Cope with Traumatic Events: developed in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. This booklet provides practical guidance on how to help support children after a traumatic event.
- The K-12 Exercise Starter Kits currently focus on an active shooter incident and are broken into three (3) K-12 school levels.
- MITIGATING ATTACKS ON HOUSES OF WORSHIP: Security Guide
- Available Grant $: https://www.fema.gov/grants/preparedness/nonprofit-security
The Mission Investment Fund (MIF) is a financial ministry of the ELCA designed to serve ELCA-affiliated organizations, including members of the ELEA. MIF specializes in providing loans and expertise for building projects, renovations and expansions, as well as products for short- and long-term investing—all at highly competitive rates. When you invest or borrow from the Mission Investment Fund, you also help our church invest in other congregations and ministries as they increase their capacity to do God’s work in the world. Learn more at mif.elca.org.
The ELCA Federal Credit Union offers membership benefits that extend to you, your school, your congregation, your employees, and even your students and their families. As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, earnings are shared with members through better rates and lower fees on auto loans, personal loans, home mortgages, and more. Your school can also take advantage of various services designed for ministry organizations like yours: a corporate credit card program, loans for vehicle purchases, ministry savings and checking accounts, and more. Learn more at elcafcu.org.
School Photographers of America (SPOA)
School Management Systems
- Vanco Care - Simplify Child Care Management and Engage Families Through Automation. Exceptional rates and trusted customer service with seamless tuition collection.
- SchoolMint specializes in helping schools successfully recruit families and enroll students through a proactive, data-driven approach based on the top 5 reasons families choose a school.
- SMART Tuition - 10 – 25% discount for ELEA Members
- ProCare - 5% discount for ELEA Members
- Kangarootime - childcare management software
- Beehively and Techabee: Two great opportunities from one company. Techabee partners with schools to ensure that your technology programs are sustainable and designed to grow with your school. Beehively is your home for cutting-edge websites, SIS, and communication tools for your school. Contact Ryan Waddington, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brightwheel: Brightwheel now offers an incredible discount on new Brightwheel subscriptions based on ELEA membership. (Pricing not to go below $50/month after all discounts and promotions)
- ELEA Members to receive 25% discount on regular pricing (schedule a meeting)
- Non-member ELCA Schools and Centers can receive 15% discount on regular pricing
- ELEA Members who are existing Brightwheel customers are eligible to participate in the Advocacy Program, potentially offering free months of service.
- Zing! - Custom communication app for your school. One-stop-shop for Parents. 30% Discount for ELEA members. Book Strategy Call.
- Educa : Use learning stories to make learning visible. For Early Childhood Centers.
- ClassDojo - Communication and behavior management app for Teachers, Parents & Students.
- Remind - Communication app for Teachers, Parents & Students.
Remote Learning Tools
- SeeSaw - Student-driven digital portfolios and simple parent communication.
- Google Classroom - Google Classroom makes teaching more productive and meaningful by streamlining assignments, boosting collaboration, and fostering communication.
Educational and Testing Resources
- Exchange : The Early Childhood Leaders Magazine. FREE magazine ($38 per year value) plus great discounts on staff development materials.
- MAP Suite - An integrated assessment solution: The assessments in the MAP Suite give you a thorough picture of student learning: how much they’ve grown, what they’re ready to learn, and the specific skill gaps they need to master.