2022 Lutheran Schools Week Resources
March 6-12, 2022
Leading Children’s Chapel Resource
One calendar year of chapel themes including; Bible verse, order for the chapel service, activities, chapel center ideas, and much more. A versatile resource that can be used year after year and focuses on the young child. Written and compiled by Mary Fetter.
- Free to ELEA Members - just log in to access the download
- Digital download $29.50
- Biblical School Year Themes A spreadsheet of themes you can use for a school year based on bible verses with some commentary. If you use them please share your thoughts with the ELEA office.
- Faith Finder Fun! Lutheran Rostered Leader Heather Roth Johnson and her team created a faith at home YouTube channel entitled “Faith Finder Fun!” It’s a free resource for your families:
- Storypath Storypath is a website that connects children's literature with stories of faith by providing concise but detailed book reviews. Extra bonus...it aligns with the lectionary and comes out WEEKS ahead of time so you can be sure to get the book from the library or buy it BEFORE you need it.
- DWELL includes 5 Ways to Pray with your Kids and other free resources
- Faith Fix For families or churches you can order a Faith Fix box and have intentional interactive faith activities and devotions at home. Created by an ELCA Children's minister, each box covers a variety of themes.
- Faith@Home The Episcopal Church provides a year-round weekly email that will include four separate lectionary based reflections and prompts for families (however that is defined) and friend groups.
- Mini Mess a do at home Messy Church for you to share with your families.
- Illustrated Ministry Offers free weekly coloring pages and devotionals during the pandemic.
- Family Sunday School Leave the lesson presentation to your friends at Sparkhouse. Each week Sunday school curriculum developer (and former summer camp Arts and Crafts director) Dr. Dawn Rundman and her family will host Family Sunday School. Each episode presents a lesson based on Lectionary readings that families can watch together. The Bible story, illustrations, and other content are based on Spark: Activate Faith Lectionary Sunday school lessons.
- Beaming Books From Beaming Books are free resources/discussion guides including “No Wrong Way to Pray”
- Faithful Families at Home 15 Easy Family-Friendly Prayers and Activities (Downloadable PDF) - From Chalice Press and author Traci Smith - Download 15 easy prayers, practices, and activities to share with your children!
- Sheltered at Home: Family Prayers for Living and Loving Author Christine V. Hides has a short book for just $2.99 to offer support and prayers.
- Praying in Color Sybil MacBeth Why Pray in Color?
- You want to pray but words escape you.
- Sitting still and staying focused in prayer are a challenge.
- Your body wants to be part of your prayer.
- You want to just hang out with God but don’t know how.
- Listening to God feels like an impossible task .
- Your mind wanders and your body complains.
- You want a visual, concrete way to pray.
- You Need a new way to pray.